(Read all the way to the bottom for a chance to win a copy of Brimstone, which comes out next week!)
Whenever I go too long without Tweeting, my family and friends call or text to make sure I haven’t fallen down the stairs and/or been eaten by my dogs.
This says a lot about how often I tweet. It also says a lot about how I get distracted and forget to tweet. Or, you know, blog. My Friend Kate (this is an official title, because friendship with me incurs certain privileges and responsibilities) pointed out that I haven’t blogged in two months and since my last post concerned a Potentially Life Threatening Incident, maybe I should put up an entry to say I wasn’t dead yet.
(See how smart my friends are? They have to pass a test. Also, this is the kind of responsibility that falls to them: Remind me of the passage of time. Tell me when people think I’m dead. Dynamite me out of my cave now and then.)
So, here is the recap of my summer since I last posted:
- Did not die from idiopathic angioedema. (Or as we call it in my house: swelling up for no good reason. And also: take two Benedryl and cancel your plans for the day.)
- Did not die from bug bite that turned out not to be a bug bite but a staph infection. Did not die from humiliation that a clean freak like me got a staph infection. (Right after being in the hospital. Coincidence?)
- Had to cancel going to RWA National Conference and presenting the Golden Heart Award. Tragic because I had the most adorable dress. Also tragic because I was supposed to spend the week afterward hanging out with My Friend Kate.
- Turned in final revision of Spirit and Dust. (Yay!!!!!)
- Made a playlist and a Pinterest board for Spirit and Dust.
- Was called for Jury Duty. Was not picked, possibly because I write for teens (case concerned teenagers), or because I have a Twitter and blog, possibly because I’m a smart ass. (During the selection questions, the defense counsel asked what I did that I had a blog. I answered that I wrote books for teens. Counsel: So you tell lies for a living. Me: I’ll bet people say that about your job, too.)
- Celebrated the paperback release of Texas Gothic!!! (If you’re too cheap (like me) to buy it in hard cover, now is your chance.)
- Did not die from a recurrence of the not-bug-bite.
- Managed to keep my plants alive all through the summer! This is a record for me!
- Received a ginormous box of copies of BRIMSTONE which comes out on September 11th. That’s next week. OMG THAT’S NEXT WEEK!
Tell me in the comments what you did with YOUR summer vacation. It doesn’t even have to be true. I will randomly draw one name from the comments to win a copy of Brimstone for your very own.