It’s been a rough couple of weeks at Casa Del Clement-Moore. So to remind myself that Life is Good, today I am posting about Things That Make Me Happy.
1) My family and friends. I know this is cliche, but it’s true. Read the dedication of Spirit and Dust (you HAVE pre-ordered your copy, right?) and you’ll know how I feel. Family is a thread that runs through my books for a reason. I have a good one, and that includes the family I’ve chosen for myself in my friends.
2) Young readers. Okay, yeah, I wouldn’t have a job without them. But the enthusiasm of young readers is unrivaled. Look at this bunch from TLA last week:
3) Knitting. I got bit by the knitting bug big time. How lucky am I that it’s trendy right now? I’m going to do this Spring Knit-Along if anyone wants to join me. On top of all the other projects I’ve got going. (And, you know, writing and stuff.)
4) Travel. I’m going to England in three weeks. I haven’t been talking about it, because it’s like I’ve won the lottery. (I’ve definitely won the friend lottery.) More on that to come. First…
5) I get to do what I love, and what I’m best at, and I get to do it as my job. Talk about winning the lottery!
I just got a big box of Spirit and Dust! Tell me in the comments what makes YOU happy, and on Friday I will draw one commenter to win a copy!