I sat down at the desk today with one goal: get caught up on all the Internet stuff I’ve let slide while dealing with stuff IRL, as it were. So this was supposed to be a long post telling you all about…
1) The giant inflatable Santa that forced me to reroute my commute to the coffee shop.
(Can we just stop for a moment to appreciate that this monster is bigger than that house? And y’all wonder why Santa Claus gives me nightmares.)
2) Going Xmas shopping with the lovely Sally Hamilton.
(I totally bought that stuffed Pascal, btw. He’s my new totem animal.)
3) How my heater (and half my electricity) went out on the coldest freaking day of the year, forcing me to build my first (on purpose) fire since Girl Scouts.
It’s nice to know I have at least one useful skill that will keep me from being booted out of the compound after the zombie apocalypse.
4) Or how I spent New Years Eve huddled under five quilts and two dogs, eating all the food in the fridge before it went bad.
5) My new and slightly embarrassing addiction to Rainbow Honey nail polish. Because my addiction to lip gloss isn’t girly enough.
Instead I have to tell you about how I have managed to lose my freaking domain names, at least for the moment. Neither readrosemary.com or rosemaryclementmoore.com go to my webpage (aka this blog) right now. (The gist is, I let them lapse (oops) because heater repairs are expensive (ouch) and someone grabbed them both up on the day they became available (grr). What anyone is going to do with rosemaryclementmoore.com, I don’t know. But I suspect the answer is “sell them back to me at a profit.” Little do they know I’m a poor writer with a poor invalid Mother, who spends my holidays huddled by a log fire for warmth (and s’mores).
ANYWAY. My email address (rosemary at readrosemary dot com) will still get to me. And if you follow or bookmark this page, the address will remain the same as well. I’ll get it sorted.
That will teach me to stay off the Internet for too long!