Here are a few of the things in my blog draft file:
- WTF ELECTION???
- Lies, Damn lies, and Statistics.
- How this happened.
- No, this is how this happened.
- Okay, maybe THIS contributed to it, too.
- What should happen now (in an ideal world where we could forgive each other as a nation and put out this Trumpster fire).
- Rants about our Reality TV world (x2)
- Essay on the definition of narcissism.
- The space between “illegal” and “immoral.”
- It’s not the end of the world.
- Twitter is triggering my panic attacks.
- Please don’t judge all Christians by political Christians. Or, you know… “Christians.”
- All the terrible things that happen when leaders are told they are Chosen By God. (Subtitle: WTF, Franklin Graham?)
- Acceptance is not the same thing as surrender. (Saying “Not my president” is like saying “Not my cancer” and expecting your doctor to change your diagnosis.)
- Until we stop holding Trump supporters in contempt (and vice versa), we will never make any progress toward compromise or unity.
I have wasted hours and hours of time I could have spent WAY more productively trying to put my feelings and opinions (because I do have them) into words. So why not post them?
Every time my finger hovered over the “publish” button, I couldn’t help feeling I wasn’t really helping, I was just adding to the cloud of panic, despair, anger, and even hate. Those are the same things I revile Trump for stirring up at his rallies, so do I want to put more of that into the universe? No.
You know what I do want to put into the universe? Kindness. Compassion. Equality. Freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom from persecution.
So, I’ll just leave this here. Be safe, be kind…be excellent to one another.